Parked cars were entered during the overnight hours of Oct. 14/15 in Monroe and Loganville areas, resulting in the alleged theft of several items.
According to WaltonCounty Sheriff’s Office incident reports, unlocked cars on Olde Hickory Place in Monroe were entered and items removed. In one instance, a car owner reported that his wallet, two pairs of sunglasses and an iPod were stolen and in another $15 in quarters and a GPS were removed.
In both these cases, the vehicles were unlocked at the time of the alleged theft. In addition, extra patrol was requested in Providence Club off Bold Springs Road because several vehicles in that subdivision also had been entered.
During the same overnight hours, 108 Roxycodone pills, $50 in cash and a spare key were stolen from a car on Broadnax Mill Road in the Loganville area of Unincorporated Walton County. Although the car was locked in that instance, the windows were reportedly cracked enough for someone to reach in and unlock the doors.
Police continue to warn residents that this type of theft is a crime of opportunity and the best way to avoid becoming a victim is to remove valuables from vehicles overnight and to keep cars locked.
Other incidents investigated by the WCSO during the period Oct. 13 – 18, 2013 include:
- Abandoned Vehicle – A Gold Impala was left in the roadway of Harris Rockmore Loop near Jersey Walnut Grove Rd. The vehicle was towed by a local towing company.
- Arrest – A subject was arrested on North Madison Avenue @ Bold Springs Avenue in reference to an outstanding warrant.
- Domestic Dispute – Two subjects were involved in a domestic dispute on Blasingame Rd. One of the subject’s was arrested in reference to an outstanding warrant.
- Safety Check – Walton County deputies conducted a safety check on Jacks Creek Rd. @ Turkey Mountain Trail. Deputies were checking for the required driving criteria: valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and registration.
- Chase – A subject fled a safety check point @ Hwy 11 and Alton Green Road. The vehicle crashed into a tree on Bethlehem Church Road. Damages was made to a mailbox, fence and driveway located at a residence. In a related report, a white 1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo was reported stolen from a residence on Hunters Crossing Lane in Hunters Crossing subdivision. According to the incident report, this was allegedly the same vehicle involved in the car chase. The victim case initially denied knowing the person involved in the car chase. She reportedly then admitted it was a “close family friend,” but declined further comment to deputies.
- Domestic Violence – A subject was arrested on Old Athens Hwy in reference to a domestic dispute.
- Dispute – Two subjects were involved in a verbal dispute on Old Athens Hwy. One of the subject’s was arrested for Disorderly Conduct.
- Extra Patrol – Extra patrol was requested in Providence Club off Bold Springs Rd. in reference to several vehicles being entered.
- Extra Patrol – Extra patrol was requested on Old Braswell Rd. in reference to ongoing issues with juveniles in the area.
- Extra Patrol – Several Entering Auto reports were made in Providence Club subdivision. Extra patrol was requested.
- Burglary – A burglary report was made on Fairwinds Court. Several items were taken from the residence.
- Entering Auto Report – A vehicle was entered on Old Hickory Pt. Several items were taken from the vehicle.
- Entering Auto Report – An unlocked vehicle was entered on Old Hickory Place. Items were taken from the vehicle.
- Entering Auto Report – A vehicle was entered on Broadnax Mill Rd. Several items were taken from the vehicle.
- Harassing Call – A subject called a resident on Governors Circle in Lake Serene Subdivision asking for personal information and claiming to be with a law firm.
- Burglary – A residence on N. Sharon Church Rd. was reportedly burglarized and ransacked.
- Vehicle Accident – A Walton County School Bus was involved in an accident. The bus rolled down a hill at Walnut Grove High School. The bus was unoccupied at the time of the accident
This report was compiled from incident reports from the Walton County Sheriff’s Office and zone alerts.