You can help make Christmas special for children this Christmas. All it takes is buying a coat or toy for a child in need.
Walmart of Monroe is doing a fill-a-truck drive for toys to be distributed through Faith in Serving Humanity. Volunteers will be collecting From 12 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 1, and again Friday, Saturday and Sunday Dec. 6 to 8. The times are from 4 – 8 p.m. on Friday, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and again from 12 – 4 p.m. on Sunday.
Shoppers who are in a position to do so are asked to purchase a toy or coat to help fill the truck. The donations will be provided to a local boy or girl in need. Nancy Long, collecting on Saturday for F.I.S.H., said the response has been great so far.
“People have been very generous this year,” Long said.
The following toys are suggested. Coats, hats and scarves are also welcome.
- Disney Princess and Barbie Fashion Dolls
- Transformers and WWE Action Figures
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Action Figures
- Monopoly, Sorry, Trouble and other board games
- Select Hot Wheels cars and sets
- Monster High and other fashion dolls
- Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow
- Select Lego Friends playsets
- Crayola Marker Maker
- Boom Boom Balloon and other board games
- Flutterbye Flying Fairy
- Easy Bake Oven
- Fisher Price Crawl Around Car
- Sofia the First Talking Doll
- Nerf Elite Rapidstrike CS 18
For more information about the services offered by F.I.S.H. or to volunteer or donate, check the website.