Candles cause fire in Monroe home displacing an adult and two children

According to Monroe Fire Department, a woman and two children were displaced after candles caused a fire in their home on Hillside Drive in Monroe on Sunday evening.

Lt. Bill Owens with MFD said that the resident had unattended candles on a dresser in the bedroom that caught furnishings on fire.

“They exited the house and called 911. Monroe Fire arrived shortly thereafter and was able to contain the fire to the bedroom,” Owens said. “No one was hurt during the fire.”

Owens said that the victims are staying with family and the Red Cross helped with clothes and medicines. Walton County Fire Rescue assisted MFD. Battalion Chief Craig League with WCFR said MFD was the lead agency on the fire. The call came in at about 6:31 p.m. Sunday evening.

About Sharon Swanepoel 4223 Articles
Sharon Swanepoel is the Publisher and Editor of Monroe Local.
Contact: Website

1 Comment on Candles cause fire in Monroe home displacing an adult and two children

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: