The Georgia Department of Transportation awarded statewide contracts for upcoming transportation projects last month, including nine intersections in Barrow County will be upgraded. These include replacing existing traffic signal equipment and adding American with Disabilities Act (ADA) pedestrian accommodations, as needed. ADA requires wheelchair ramps, crosswalks, pedestrian push buttons, and pedestrian signals.
Below is a list of the intersections that will be upgraded in this safety project.
- State Route 316 at Kilcrease Road
- State Route 316 at Patrick Mill
- State Route 316 at Carl Bethlehem
- State Route 211 at State Route 316
- State Route 211 at Rockwell Church Road
- State Route 8 at Wal-Mart Drive
- State Route 8 at Williamson Street/East Athens Street
- State Route 81 at Matthews School Road
- State Route 53 at Rockwell Church Road
Information on schedules, lane closures and detours will be made available in advance of construction activities.